About the Church
St Michael’s is a small church built in the Arts and Crafts style by R M Fulford in 1889. It was originally intended as a private chapel. It comprises a combined nave and chancel, a south transept, a south west porch and a north vestry. The west gable is topped by a bellcote.
The red and yellow brick interior also has stone dressings. The oak reredos of 1891 has a relief of Bartolommeo’s ‘The Entombment’ in an elaborate surround. The reredos, pulpit, lectern, font and chancel screen are part of the original furnishings of the church.