Set me as a seal upon your heart, as a seal upon your arm; for love is strong as death, passion fierce as the grave. Song of Songs 8.6
If one of you lives in one of our parishes, you are entitled to get married in that parish church. If you live in Colyton or Colyford you can choose between St Andrew’s Colyton or St Michael’s Colyford because they are both part of Colyton parish.
If neither of you lives in a parish you can still get married there if you have a “Qualifying Connection”. You can qualify if any one or more of the following applies to at least one of you. (So if one of you has one qualifying connection, that is enough.)
- You have lived in the parish for at least six months at any time in your life.
- You were baptised in the parish.
- You were prepared for confirmation in the parish.
- You have worshiped regularly in the church for at least six months.
- One of your parents has lived in the parish for at least six months during your lifetime.
- One of your parents has worshiped regularly in the church for at least six months.
- One of your parents or grandparents was married in the parish.
Not sure if you can qualify?
Please talk to the Rector or Administrator and we’ll be happy to help.